Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cameras and Kids

Exciting day all around! I finally have a new camera -which explains the close up flower photo (testing out the macro function in outdoor light)-Granted, I don't really know what I'm doing,and I therefore I'm not sure if this shot is impressive or not, but even if you aren't impressed with the photo, you can marvel at the fact that I have blooming hibiscus in early Feburary -I'm probably even less talented at and knowledgable about gardening than photography, so I was pretty pleased with both the subject of the photo and the outcome of my camera work.
The camera actually arrived last night (after riding around all day on the UPS truck leaving around 4:18 am - thank you online tracking info -from the depot literally right across the highway from our house, extra annoying to me because it was supposed to be here last Friday BEFORE Tayne's birthday (didn't happen - lazy UPS!) and they don't deliver on the weekends...so much ranting, but I'll let it go, because at least it's here now) but by the time the battery charged up - no one was in the mood to help me test out action shots. (This in fact is probably the most opposite of action you can get)
-at least it takes good shots with indoor lighting at night....

Morning wasn't much better - it seems I have a family of slow risers Rest up kids, no really, I'm sure your day is going to get tougher...

And it did by the way - today was Dr. appointments all around, and *BONUS* everybody needed at least one shot! (No, I didn't photograph the saddness) Turns out everyone is healthy - Pallas is up to 15 pounds and 25 inches long. ~ It won't be long until she can try solid food!
(I wonder if they make a waterproof case for my camera...)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Glad you got your new picture machine now will it pass all of Troy's test? You are go sweet and I am very proud of you.
Grandma D