Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

I'd like to thank the good folks at Nickelodeon and my lack of eco-preparedness for a lovely morning at the beach!

Of course I had no good answer (or projects) pepared for the question "Hey, what are we doing for Earth Day?" that my not usually hyper-environmentally-concerned child uncharacteristically yell at me this morning - Usually only influenced by the commericals to buy exciting things like Bendaroos and Moonsand, somehow he was spurred into awareness and demands for action around 8:45 in the morning by his TV "friends" who have yet again betrayed me when I was counting on them to distract him while I did something selfish -you know, like doing laundry or the dishes or taking a shower -



Garbage (AND recycling) day is Tuesday so I was out of luck on an easy save there, so I decided to distract him with the nature appreciation angle - who doesn't love being distracted by a trip to the beach?



It was supposed to be a "wading only" trip, but as you can see, the gulf waters have warmed up nicely even and even thought nights around here keep it a little too chilly for unheated swimming pools, the beach is ready and waiting (not to mention full of fun suprizes like giant random logs too)!



Now we're back home and tired lunched up kids are taking a break, now I just need the internet to tell me what kids want to do on Earth Day - Nickelodeon got me into this, I'm sure their website can help me out...



0 comments: