Thursday, March 6, 2008

It takes two to make a thing go right...

Easter is coming up fast, so I've been trying to find some cute matching outfits for the kids to wear, but tonight I realized no matter what I dress them in, they really couldn't be much cuter together than they already are. (Even when they aren't thrilled by the fact I'm interrupting by snapping photos, they make an adorable pair).
They love to monkey around together (here they are playing with and chatting about stuffed monkeys and their Pokemon equivalent Chimchar)
And share each others interests (Pallas gets a lesson in high finance -she has to learn her numbers so she can count her moolah!)
Their relationship is not one sided - she wants to do what he's doing almost as much as he wants her to join in - and even when she's in last place (with a score of double zero) she's almost always ready for the next round.

When I see them together and I think about what the future holds for them, I'm reminded of a quote by Barbara Alpert -“She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.”


But tonight they are just hanging out - sharing their private jokes, trying to be quiet enough that I will forget its time for baths and their own beds, being happy and inseparable -when it comes to being kind to your sister , Tayne knows all the tricks. So even if Easter is coming early this year, and the coordinating outfits don't survive the perils of grass stains and/or carrot drool, I don't think it will be a problem for anyone to recognize these two as brother and sister.

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

They both really are so cute!! I want to squeeze Pallas' cheeks juts for fun!! Love that quote you wrote...Its so true!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I loved your quote and everything about your layout. I don't why but this one printed out just perfect. keep up the great work.
Love, Grandpa Dee