Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Turning 21

So what is the magic of turning 21? Monday Pallas turned 21 days old, but you would have thought it was 21 years old with her "Girls Gone Wild" attitude - my usually easygoing baby started off the day with that time tested philosophy-No good party starts 'till after 12(am) - at about 12:15 she decided he she wanted to be awake and suitably entertained all night/early morning. The day proceeded from there with all the typical "turning 21" behavior; drinking so much she had to be carried nearly unconscious to her bed, more than the occasional "reversal of fortune" (as they say in competitive eating) leading to outfit changes galore, grumpily "sleeping it off" only to wake up ready to go drinkin' again - learning nothing from the previous cycle and ready to repeat the process all over again. What a wild child! All kidding aside though, she does seem to have decide she wants to eat double what she was eating in the evening, which allows her to sleep at night for a longer stretch- Good? - I guess..i. While this seems like a positive step, unfortunately for me it seems to be some sort of deal she and Troy have worked out between them because the feeding/changing she is now sleeping though is the 11pm feeding that Troy was in charge of so I could nap a little before the night feedings kick in – I don’t know who’s sneakier here dad or daughter, either way I can see I'd better start keeping a closer eye on the two of them…

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ha! I'm sitting in my den laughing out loud Val:) Toooo funny. You're right, you better watch out for those two.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You are so creative amd good at explaining what you want to say. You must have got that from Dad.
Anyway I love reading what you write. Love Mom

Jen said...

Carina did the same thing. We'd get onto a schedule, and I'd designate a feeding as Daddy's. then she'd drop it. :P