Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday? -Troy

I don't know how much of fun birthday this will be for Troy, busy is the word for the whole weekend. He's taking the 2nd half of his lifeguard certification classes this weekend so he's been at the YMCA all Friday night, all day today and all day Sunday. Plus, today was the first swim meet of the season - Luckily it was at our YMCA so Tayne could go and Troy could be there for a bit before his class started at 9am. Here's a picture of his cupcakes - it's supposed to be a swimming pool (the red ones are lifeguard stands and the swirls are the ropes that divide the deep end from the shallow end of the pool) -even Pallas got to help, we used her puffy cereal as little people swimming in the pool and as the lifeguards. I thought it turned out pretty cute - although I had to learn the hard way that if you are frosting a group of cupcakes you should probably put little pieces of tinfoil down to fill in the spaces before you frost over them as a solid group. - Luckily it's a yummy mistake to recover from (smile)! The swim meet was well attended, even though it's probably the coldest morning we've had in a month here. (Tayne and Troy are in the lower right corner getting ready for his event - I couldn't get up to take a better picture because Pallas was rolling around everywhere and I didn't think it would improve the shot any to be juggling a grabby baby and the camera)
Nice two hand touch!
I wish I didn't have the flu or whatever - it's been coordinating this stuff even more difficult than it would otherwise be, but hopefully I can rest up this afternoon and feel better so we can take Troy out to dinner when he comes home this evening. Otherwise I feel kind of bad for him because so far it's shaping up to be a pretty old man birthday -it's get up at 5:30am, work all day and then the only gift we got him was a Pant Ladder Valet so he'll stop leaving his clothes all over the floor ( Hum, maybe I shouldn't shop for gifts when I'm sick.)

0 comments: