Friday, April 4, 2008

The weather's been good and the kids have too...

It's been a pretty slow week around here. The squirrels seem to have been successfully relocated (possibly to heaven), and Tayne has been busy preparing for his first swim meet on Saturday - doesn't he look serious!?
This one is a good example of why he should wear his goggles, the backstroke is a splashy mistress...
We've been able to play outdoors again -there was a small mosquito herd last weekend and I was a little worried they would stick around, but by the middle of this week they didn't seem to be around anymore - so it was safe to venture out to the swings again!
-See Tayne's new red shorts? He seemed to think they were fancier than his other shorts because they were red, I can't wait to hear what he thinks of the bright royal blue ones he hasn't seen yet. Pallas got new clothes too - nothing she in the size she is wearing right now, but when I was relpenishing Tayne's wardrobe for spring/summer I started to get paranoid that she'll go up to the next size sometime over the summer but late enough in the season that the store will have nothing but fall clothes just when the weather is the hottest around here, so I bought her some shirts and shorts now while they are just starting to put stuff out.

Pallas got something else this week too - see her new little friend? It's like she found a mini-her (same nose, similar hairstyle, and here Pallas is even doing the mouth open a little look that the doll is sporting) it was too cute not to buy -although I think I spend more on glue to secure the head arms and legs (once movable, not anymore) so I don't have to worry about her ripping one off and choking on it -ah, the joys of parenthood!
Humm, apparently there's not enough room in this swing for two...
Tayne's been having fun playing with Pallas and mini-Pallas -
And as you can see from the picture above and the one below, Pallas is getting plenty of exercise trying to get her back from Tayne (the doll and Pallas have both moved in a counter clockwise direction -it continues like that until the doll gets so far away that Pallas tips over, then I have to sit her back up so I don't have to worry about her chewing on the grass - it's a no grazing zone!)

And one last shot - I love the look on Tayne's face, I think my favorite pictures of the two of them are the ones where one of them is doing something and the other one has a crazy look on their face that says - "What is that kid doing?!" or, "I don't know about this..."
Well that's about it for the week here - the weather's been good and the kids have too!


0 comments: