Sunday, May 4, 2008

Kudos to you Evenflo.

So I was cleaning Pallas' high chair today, with a little help from Tayne, when it dawned on me - these people are truly clever when it came to selecting a color scheme.
I don't know how well you can tell from the picture, but the colors match up pretty true to every stain in a baby's diet. There's the main oatmealy color that goes blends well with cereal and apple or pear stains, and the maroons to go with plums and prunes, yellows, oranges, and greens are obvious color matches to the baby veggies and fruits of those colors, and there's even a tan that resembles the color of banana when you miss a spot wiping up and come back to find it later. Even though the fabric is stain treated (you can wipe it clean pretty easily), I thought it was a pretty clever touch. I don't know why they didn't make this a selling point in the first place - I probably would have paid more for a chair with this feature - but I guess they don't like to advertise that your baby might in any way leave a stain and/or that it would be ok if said stain was so intense that you may have trouble removing it from their fabric. At least now I finally know why they make baby accessories with colors such as maroon, grey, oatmeal, green and yellow (coincidentally my playpen has these colors as well in the form of little spots to break up the overall dark blue color on the side rails and bottom mat). Yes, it seems designers of baby things are much more clever than I have been giving them credit for, at least I was smart enough to like those color combinations in baby items (here I thought I was buying neutral unisex items that would blend well into my home decor) even if I didn't know how useful they would really be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just keep thinking how smart you are because you really are. I think it is so nice that you come up with these things. Be sure to sent all your know hows on to Sally she will need it. Love Grandma D