Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I remember being told once -There's a lot more to being a woman than being a mother, but there's a heck of a lot more to being a mother than most people suspect. Which is why I was so glad to spend Mother's Day in San Antonio where the kids could spend some quality time with MY wonderful mother! (and Grandpa Terry over there in the back) Tayne's favorite part of Mother's Day was riding the trolly downtown. (He only looks unhappy here because he had to wait for me to take his picture before he could get on the trolly - what a good sport, humoring me on Mother's Day.)
Pallas was excited because she actually got to come along this time. Her first trolly ride had her taking in the sights of downtown -will she remember the Alamo? Probably not, but I'm sure we'll be back plenty of times.

Yes, as Mother's Day's go this was a pretty good one - although my present was a new tire (to replace the one a chunk of concrete laced with rebar tore a huge gash into as I swerved in vain to miss it - I do so love the children in this neighborhood!) I did get it a few days early and we were able to take a trip to San Antonio to spend the weekend with family. My other present was watching Tayne give out Mother's Day gifts to his grandmas - he's such a sweetie!


2 comments:

Tayne said...

Wow, we rode on the trolley 2 times.

Tayne said...

That other trolley of that guy says: 66!