Saturday, May 17, 2008

Last meet of the season.

Today was the last swim meet of the spring season. It was an hour north of where we live but the weather was great (overcast and not too hot) so we all had a good time. Tayne swims in 2 races, the freestlye and the breaststroke -events which, as is often the way with kid activities, are at the very beginning and the very end of the program with a long wait in between -but when it's time to race it's worth the trouble and the waiting. -Doesn't he look so happy in the water?

We usually give him a suprise at the end of the season for working so hard, this time I made him a stuffed animal out of an extra swim team t-shirt. I guess if I had to say exactly what animal it is I'm thinking koala. It was kind of tricky to get all the graphics where I wanted them - his ear is tagged with the small logo from the front of the shirt and he had to have quite a wide tummy to get the whole graphic on there (it just didn't look right any other way I could think of), but I think it turned out pretty cute. At least he should be a good size to bring along for napping since we have to get such an early start to be to these places on time.

Today was the transition for us from spring to summer water sports -less structure and more family free swim and play -which is good because I think Pallas will be happy to finally get in on the fun. It's too early to tell if she wants to be a swimmer too, but one things for sure - she doesn't like being left out of the action!

0 comments: